Tuesday 30 October 2007

My November plan for 2007

As I say on my website www.operaduetstravel.com:
NEXT (november): Tosca in Vienna with José Cura,
Elektra in Budapest with Agnes Baltsa.

But: I also wanted to go to Cologne to see José Cura as Turriddu/Canio in Cav/Pag. So my dream was like November 23 Tosca in Vienna with JC, November 24 Elektra in Budapest with AB, November 25 Cav/Pag in Cologne with JC AND then AGM meeting of José Cura Connexion in Vienna on November 26 and Norma with José Cura in Wiener Staatsoper on November 27.

First: Almost impossible to get tickets to Bellini's Norma in Wiener Staatsoper with Edita Gruberova Norma, Elena Garancia Adalgisa, José Cura Pollione, but one comfort you can hear it over the radio, Thank You, ORF.

So I got tickets to Elektra in Vienna in October (19, been there), and for Tosca in November (23) and cancelled my stand-by for Norma. I also got ticket for Elektra in Budapest with Agnes Baltsa (November 24).

Second: I am late I know, but getting news that José Cura is wonderful in this CavPag really made me think, maybe. November 10th, too expensive with the flight. Could have done it, but I don't... It would be too stressful I think. And then it was November 25 option. But I really think that would be too stressful for me. But I could have done it like. Oslo-Vienna (nov 23) flight, Vienna-Budapest (nov 24) train, Budapest - Dusseldorf (nov 25), Dusseldorf-Cologne train same day, and then from Cologne with train and then flight back to Olso on November 26. That would be crazy....

SO: My itinary is

Friday 23rd: Early flight to Vienna (thank God I have to take the night bus to Oslo to come early enough, it is just a matter of sleeping in your bus seat). If I had to get up earlier than 5 I would have been just .... but sleeping in the bus. Arriving in Oslo 5.30. That's OK.
TOSCA IN VIENNA
with José Cura

Saturday 24th: Train to Budapest. Early but not too early. Memo to myself find a hotel in Vienna, Budapest (www.hrs.de).
ELEKTRA IN BUDAPEST with Agnes Baltsa

Sunday 25th: Flight back home via Munich. Early but HOPEFULLY not too early. But this means home in reasonable time.

Of course that leaves out the AGM for JCx. But then I would not need to take out 3 days from work with this plan.

So I think it is OK.

No comments: