Saturday 28 April 2012

A frustrating day, and no Macbeth for me.

It started so well. On Friday I was in hospital for my Remicade treatment. It went well. I felt well enough to take the night bus to Oslo. And I even slept well in the bus. Then it was airport bus to Gardermoen airport. My Swiss flight was 0945 and I was in the airport 0615. If I had no luggage I could just have gone through security at once. But I had to wait until 0745 when Swiss opens. So I waited and then my luggage was ready all the way to Nice. Security line was long, but 11 minutes went fast. Then I bought a French parleur book. Later I bought Pepsi Max and Pizza Vegetar. Then there was a wait at Gate 44 and our plane came late but soon we were ready for boarding.

But why was we allowed into the plane and our luggage when they must have known they had troubles. Why not wait with boarding until the technical problems was sorted out? No, we sat in the plane for longer than a hour. That was not the worst part. The worst part was that is was more important that the Business Class was taken care of first, and last the Economy Class. They should have sorted us by to Zurich only, and transfers to different places. It would have made sense and made the work easier for the "Swiss". But it was chaotic from the moment we left the plane we were not sure where to go. And then only one person to take care of 150-200 persons. What is Swiss, an amateur airline, or what? My back was hurting from waiting more than 2 hours to be helped. It was hell. Annoying. Finally my iphone came with an sms from Swiss I was rebooked via Copenhagen to to Nice. 1355 from Oslo, and in Nice 1835. I was happy. So happy until reality set in, I would not be able to be at Monte Carlo Opera to see Macbeth with Maria Guleghina as Lady Macbeth. I would be late.

To see Maria Guleghina as Lady Macbeth live on stage is a dream that thought Monte Carlo would give me, but SWISS failed me.

For reviews from my travels, see www.operaduetstravel.com

No comments: