Friday 7 March 2008

To travel to Vienna and Florence in February

The start:
February is the month of weather, often winterly and in Norway it can mean having to think hard about taking the bus for 7 hrs or try the airport. I decided to go by plane so I bought a ticket. Luckily it was the full flex ticket. So when I took the bus, after phoning the airport trying to prod them for advise. So bus. Night-bus 7 hrs normally to Oslo, 1hr and 45 mins delayed. But my plane for Vienna was later in the day so I had plenty of time.

I arrived in Oslo about 30 minutes before the plane was leaving from my city. So I phoned the airport and was relieved, really, about the plane not being there, meaning I had made the right decision. And so I asked if she could reverse the ticket from a to Oslo on friday morning ticket to a from Oslo on Wednesday evening. OK. So on my way back to home and work I might not need taking the night bus and arriving at home 0530 and going to work 0745. GREAT.

Oslo Airport is OK. But I had way too much Pepsi/Coke so I had to work hard to empty the bottle. Yes, I could just have thrown it in a bin, of course. Right. Security line was OK. Too much eletronic devices meant that my bag had to throught the machine twice. But worse, was the I almost forgot my money in there (or was that on my way back home)...
End of PART 1

For more reviews from my travels, see www.operaduetstravel.com

No comments: