Sunday 17 August 2008

Weekly update: First try... (about EDGAR)

I will try to write a weekly update every week, I hope I will be able to keep it up.

First I will say that I have revised how I see Edgar, Puccini's second opera. After listening to the radio recording from Torino with Jose Cura et co I have suddenly become a fan of this opera. But it was maybe also because of the TV program Prima della Prima that started some of the thought progress.





Should I go to Berlin to see Juanjo Cura and his ensemble in November. Juanjo Cura (Juan José Cura) is the younger brother of José Cura. He will sing tangos. I have bought his Christmas Songs CD and his CD of Argentinian songs. I bought them from the Tango Store:
Misa Criolla Y Canciones Argentinas De Navidad

Misa Criolla Y Canciones Argentinas De Navidad

by Juanjo Cura | CD
(Usually shipped within 24-48 hours)
»» Our Price: $ 27.00
U$S: 9.00 € 6.00 (Aprox.) see more
Add to your wish list

Pasional - Alma De Tango

Pasional - Alma De Tango

by Juanjo Cura | CD
(Usually shipped within 72-96 hours)
»» Our Price: $ 30.00
U$S: 10.00 € 6.00 (Aprox.) see more
Add to your wish list

Hijos De America

Hijos De America

by Juanjo Cura | CD
(Usually shipped within 24-48 hours)
»» Our Price: $ 22.00
U$S: 7.00 € 5.00 (Aprox.) see more
Add to your wish list


But should I go to Berlin to hear him live? For TANGOs with Juanjo Cura and his ensemble? I am intrigued...

Next travel is not before late in September when I will see José Cura as Dick Johnson in La Fanciulla del West by Puccini in Royal Opera House Covent Garden, London. Things can change...

For more reviews from my travels, see www.operaduetstravel.com

No comments: