Wednesday 28 April 2010

What I loved about year 2000

Not only was it in 2000 that I saw my first Carmen with AGNES BALTSA as Carmen but it the best Carmen, ever. I also loved Baltsa as Despina in COSI FAN TUTTE in Zürich. As Herodiade in Vienna she was magic. Then she was Santuzza in Vienna. What can I say? I love her as Carmen, Despina, Santuzza. Then came SAMSON ET DALILA in Zürich with Baltsa as Dalila and José Cura as Samson. Dream-magic!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agnes Baltsa as Isabella in Vienna on June 20, 23 with Juan Diego Florez as her Lindoro. And my opera ended with Agnes Baltsa again Carmen, but in Zürich with Gösta Winbergh. The only time for me to see the Swedish tenor live. He replaced José Cura who was injured. It makes me sad to think that Gösta Winbergh died in Vienna by a heart disease in 2002.

2000 was also the first time to Barcelona, Spain where I saw Josep Carreras as Sly on June 13, 16. But wait it was more: Luisa Miller (March), Sly w/o Carreras (May),, Rigoletto, Pagliacci, Die Lustige Witwe (June), Lucia di Lammermoor & Werther.

2001, a great year with a few sour notes

For more reviews from my travels, see www.operaduetstravel.com

No comments: