Thursday 19 August 2010

DVD 46: Khovanshina by Mussorgsky

Mussorgsky - Khovanshchina / Abbado, Ghiaurov, Atlantov, Vienna State OperaI should have started with no 1, but I starts with no 46. It was a surprise for me to love this music. It made me even thinking to buy the commercial DVD, My DVD is a copy from my recording from Swedish Television. It has an introduction in Swedish before each act. But it gives some expression of what you will see in this recording.



For a much better review, see Mostly Opera.
Khovanshchina. Vienna State Opera 1989. Production: Alfred Kirchner. Cast: Nicolai Ghiaurov (Ivan Khovansky), Paata Burchuladze (Dosifey), Ludmila Semtschuk (Marfa), Vladimir Atlantov (Andrei Khovansky), Anatoli Kocherga (Shaklovity). Conductor: Claudio Abbado.

For more reviews from my travels, see www.operaduetstravel.com

No comments: