Thursday 2 December 2010

Advent December 2: Privilege

Privilege: Born in a good time in history (1967)
Privilege: Living in Norway
Privilege: My parents had jobs, and we rich enough for holidays etc.
Privilege: Free Health Care
Privilege: Health (20+ years with Crohn's and an ostomy, but I am OK)
Privilege: Education
Privilege: No debt
Privilege: A job that I enjoy
Privilege: White. So I am simply Norwegian.
Privilege: Cisgender. Born a girl, simply becoming a woman.
Privilege: Freedom to travel'
Privilege: Enough money. Even for a rainy day.

And I think I have more privileges that I just cannot remember at the moment.

As a feminist I wish for a better world. It is not just a better world for women. I surprised and depressed that some feminists see feminism is for white cis-gendered women. But Feminism should not only attack Sexism, but also Racism, Poverty, Homophobia, Transphobia, in fact all Discrimination should be attacked by Feminism. My Feminism is about a better world for ALL.

My rights are not RIGHTS if not shared with the rest of the world.


For more reviews from my travels, see www.operaduetstravel.com

No comments: