Sunday 5 October 2008

My London weekend 2008


SATURDAY 27.September 2008

After Friday's (26.september 2008) travel and opera night, it was a clear Saturday and the Annual Meeting with Dinner for the José Cura Connexion. It started at 12 and ended 1630. Even if we were supposed to be finished with dinner and socializing long before 1600. And when you have an organizer than can give good directions to how to get to the place everything went wonderfully. And I was even lucky enough to meet (by coincidence) 3 other members of the club, and so we naturally found it. It was wonderful to meet so many people from different places, all fans of José Cura. Meetings can be tedious but here it was just enough talk and speeches and decisions. PERFECT.

The Dinner was wonderful even if I did not love my vegetarian dish. The fish might have been more to my liking. But I can blame no one than myself. But the food or drinks was not the reason, it was the people. And we had a lovely time. José Cura and family was expected to be there for the whole meal but the weather conditions at Heathrow was bad so his wife and children would not land until midnight. I felt really sorry for Cura but more for his wife and children, waiting in an airport is no fun... But José Cura and his eldest son came in the end which was really generous of them.

But all good things has to end and 1630 I went back to my hotel again.

In the evening I went to the Covent Garden Piazza and ate another Pizza Funghi at Piazza Cafe. This time it only took 10 minutes before my pizza was ready. It was as good as on Friday but looked quite differently, darker.

SUNDAY 28. September 2008

Relaxed, relaxed and relaxed again.

In the evening I went to Piazza Cafe, but this time it was a Sunday so it was closing already. So what then, well I found a Pizza Hut Restaurant near Leicester Square Tube station and I had a Vegetarian Pizza there, Pan small pizza. Not bad but nothing near Pizza Funghi at the Piazza Cafe. After a Pizza in the evening/night I could finally go back to my hotel and have some sleep. (when I write go, I mean with tube).

For more reviews from my travels, see www.operaduetstravel.com

No comments: