Sunday 28 April 2013

Rolando Villazon, Jose Cura, and then finally Sergi Gimenez

But of course, in the end was the soprano who won. More about that later.

APRIL 27, 2013

Leaving Nice for Barcelona via Munich. Lovely airport, but confusion arrives when suddenly it says that boarding is finished for my flight to Munich. At that point I just wished I was going to Oslo or even Berlin-Tegel where everything was ok. But my flight had not arrived yet. Waiting. Then boarding, then waiting in the heat to just get into the plane. Of course, it was delayed even to Munich but luckily no hassle in Munich so I could just go straight to my Barcelona plane. Not too stressful. Walk, not run.

Easy to find the bus to Placa Catalunya since I remembered from last time. I love Barcelona even in the rain. I had to ask for direction to find my hotel, Husa Barcelona. And, how lucky was I, the Teatre Tivoli is just across the road. I got my ticket. And then ate and rested in Barcelona.

APRIL 28, 2013

Viva Verdi, Teatre Tivoli (Barcelona)

Marie Francis Cook, soprano
Sergi Giménez Carreras, tenor
Alberto Cazes Spinoglio, barytone

Miguel Ángel Martínez Montés, conductor
Coral Càrmina & Orquesta Sinfónica del Vallés


Obertura (La forza del Destino)
“La mia letizia infondere” (I Lombardi) - Sergi Giménez Carreras
“Ernani involami” (Ernani) – Michelle-Marie Francis Cook
“O Carlo, ascolta” (Don Carlo) – Alberto Cazes Spinoglio
“Patria opressa”(Macbeth) - Coro
“O fede negar potessi - Quando le sere al placido” (Luisa Miller) - Sergi Giménez Carreras
"Tu se Ernani" (Ernani) - Michelle-Marie Francis Cook, Sergi Giménez Carreras y Alberto Cazes Spinoglio
“Va pensiero” (Nabucco) – Coro
“Dio, che nell’alma infondere” (Don Carlo) - Sergi Giménez Carreras & Alberto Cazes Spinoglio
Coro de Gitanas y toreros (La traviata) – Coro
“Pace, pace mio Dio” (La forza del Destino) - Michelle-Marie Francis Cook
“Eri tu” (Un ballo in maschera) - Alberto Cazes Spinoglio
“Vedi! le fosche notturne” (Il trovatore) – Coro
“Tace la notte!” (Il trovatore) - Michelle-Marie Francis Cook, Sergi Giménez Carreras y Alberto Cazes Spinoglio
EXTRA
Brindisi LA TRAVIATA Cook, Gimenez, Cazes
Va, pensiero NABUCCO Cook, Gimenz, Cazes


The soprano won by force. The tenor won by love. The baritone won the popular arias.

No comments: